The Astrological Version of ISTJ vs. ENFP







Ever wonder why some people have no problem “putting themselves out there” – whether that be on a stage in an auditorium or on social media platforms – while others are averse to the very idea of being seen, either online or out in the public of our physical world?




It’s often chalked up to Nature vs. Nurture – and left to the well-meaning, “I know it’s hard, but just muster up your confidence; I know you can do it!” kind of encouragement offered by the parent, the coach, the colleague.



As an introvert, I can completely relate to that aversion of being out there in the world, of having to be “on” for the majority of my waking hours. That said, as an accomplished teaching professional, there’s no arguing that I sufficiently learned how to “muster up the confidence” and successfully teach groups from elementary through college students to museum docents older than me. Yes, I have decades of experience presenting to audiences upwards of 400 people at a time, live on an actual stage. But these activities were always necessarily balanced with significant “down-time” alone afterwards, in order to pull myself back together and recharge my batteries.



Once I dove deep into the study of Evolutionary Astrology and started looking to my own Birth Chart as a way of coming to understand this ancient science – and in turn, started coming to understand myself more clearly than ever through the astrological lens – certain things struck me with particular resonance. 



One example was when I learned that the majority of the Planets and Points in my Birth Chart are in the “lower half” – the realm of the private. All of a sudden, I felt so validated; nothing is “wrong” with me! Even though our externally-focused world may not value it as much, by staying true to my predilection for staying inwardly-focused, I am expressing myself authentically, exactly as is mapped out by my Higher Self for this lifetime.




(I had initially begun to embrace this years prior, thanks to the work of Susan Cain, especially her book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking. I know of others who have consulted systems like the Myers-Briggs or Enneagram Personality Tests that can bring similar types of aha/validations.)



Examination of one’s astrological Birth Chart shows us the energies our Soul/Higher Self mapped out for us to play with during this lifetime. And looking at how the Planets and Points “fall” on the chart can tell us loads about our inclinations regarding interaction with others.



The Birth Chart wheel can be divided in half in two ways: with a horizontal line through the middle, cutting the chart into upper and lower halves; and also with a vertical line, slicing it into left and right sides. Each of these four different hemispheres represent a different focus in terms of how you engage with the world.




The upper half of your Chart is the public half – literally showing which Planets and Points were visible in the sky at the moment of your birth. Therefore, if you have a heavily populated top half of your Chart, you’re meant to be spending more energy focused on the external realms, out there, and visible to others in our human world.



Which of course means that if the bottom half of your Chart has more Planets and Points, there’s meant to be more of an internal focus – in the more subjective areas.



Looking at the left and right hemispheres, the left side is the realm of the individual, while the right side is the relational. Once again, simply looking at where your Planets and Points congregate, it becomes obvious if you are more oriented towards the areas of life that are “up to you” in terms of how things manifest, vs. those areas that are dependent on the way you relate to others’ energy – your reactions, ability to receive and/or “go with the flow.”



Do you know how the Planets and Points fall on your own Birth Chart? Especially if you struggle, in our overly (in my opinion) extroverted world, it can be incredibly validating and affirming to learn more about how your Higher Self actually mapped out the themes and experiences you’re meant to explore in this lifetime.



If you’re interested in learning more, book a Reading with me HERE!





###